Professional Pet Sitting
Your pets are part of your family. As pet owners ourselves, we certainly understand. It’s important to you to find a service that you can trust. There are many good providers. However, some companies use independent contractors and individual sitters may not be insured or bonded. We make the extra effort to earn your trust. Some important differences to consider in your decision:
- We have employees rather than independent contractors. That means we must carry workman’s compensation, unemployment insurance, comply with all regulations, pay taxes, and of course offer a competitive wage.
- Our background checks are conducted by a firm that is accredited by National Association of Professional Background Screeners in full compliance with the FCRA, equal employment opportunity and state and international consumer protection laws relating to the background screening profession. We don’t use a cut-rate consumer service from the web.
- All employees receive paid training including job shadow, first aid, and dog behavior recognition before receiving an assignment.
- Able Dog is commercially insured, well above the industry average, and bonded for pet sitting, house sitting, and dog training.
- We are members of the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters and the Association of Professional Dog Trainers.
We are “licensed” like everyone else – we have a privilege license to operate as a service business in NC. There are no local, state, or federal requirements to be a pet sitter or a dog trainer. However, there are very strict requirements by the NC Department of Agriculture regarding boarding, kennels, and taking pets in to a home for a fee. Be wary. Any business or individual offering boarding services on Craiglist or pet care booking sites must have their home/facility inspected and approved by the NCDA and be properly insured.
Visit our frequently asked questions page.